HIV activist Jack Mackenroth has launched a new social media campaign to help raise 1 million dollars to stop the HIV/AIDS epidemic and help find a cure.
Mackenroth needs your help to raise awareness and money for HIV/AIDS by taking a shower selfie.
According to VoltageBuzz:
The campaign launches between now and World AIDS Day, December 1st and is ongoing until the goal is reached. The hope is that there will be enough traction in the following weeks so that the campaign peaks on World AIDS Day and people can change their social media profile photos to show support.
“As someone who has been living with HIV for 25 years this is very personal to me.” Mackenroth adds, “There is current urgency for funding as we have new treatments that maintain viral suppression and render HIV-positive individuals virtually non-transmissible. Those same treatments can be given to HIV-negative individuals and protect them from infection completely. Essentially we already have the tools to stop the epidemic from spreading. Exciting new research is bringing us closer to a real cure for AIDS every day. ”
1) Take a selfie or Vine video of yourself in the shower.**NO EXPLICIT NUDITY**
2) Post your photo now on Moovz and all social media platforms with the caption “Take HIV Shower Selfie Challenge raise $$ for AIDS cure bit.ly/CUREAIDS #weareALLclean”
3) Nominate 3 or more other people to participate!
4) (Optional) DONATE!! Please consider a small donation if you are able. Every penny counts! bit.ly/CUREAIDS
5) On World AIDS Day (or before): Monday, December 1st, please change all your social media profile pix to your shower selfie photo and spread the word!!
You can submit your shower selfies to Facebook.com/TheGailyGrind